Welcome to #KidsNTrips Twitter parties! These quick and easy tips will give you everything you need to know about how to participate and join in the fun.
1. Join and log into Twitter a few minutes before the party starts. Need a Twitter account? Start here: https://twitter.com/
2. Follow the hosts. Go to each of the hosts’ Twitter accounts and make sure you are following them so you can receive their tweets in your Twitter roll.
3. Follow the #KidsNTrips chat in real time. The easiest way to do this is to use the Search bar at the top of Twitter and type in “#KidsNTrips”. Right beneath the results you will see the words “Top/All”. Click on “All” and you will see the party conversation in real time.
4. Join the Conversation! When you see a question that looks something like this:
Q1: What’s your best tip for keeping kids content on long road trips? #KidsNTrips
Answer it with a tweet of your own that looks something like this:
A1: Snacks, snacks & more snacks! I pack lots of healthy goodies to dole out slowly. A forbidden treat or 2 helps too! #KidsNTrips
Note: Just make sure your tweets are within 140 characters. Conversational and casual replies work better than tweets with a promotional tone of voice. The chat moves quickly so if you’ve been around the Twitter block once or twice, consider writing them in advance and having your photos ready.
5. Use the #KidsNTrips hashtag on every tweet! This is how we measure our reach. Only tweets that have the #KidsNTrips hashtag will be counted.
6. ADVANCED TIPS: If you want to know more about uploading photos to Twitter – here is the link to their support page. We recommend using photos with some of your Twitter replies. Photos are magnetic with the audience and attract more attention and replies.
Also, find a third party Twitter software that feels comfortable to you. We use sites like TweetDeck and Hootsuite to easily follow the Twitter party conversation and schedule select tweets in advance. Note: you can’t schedule tweets in advance if you’re using photos.